1. Position Summary
• Work as a key technical expert, providing guidance and project deliverables to the delivery team, ranging from defect management and close out and compliance documentation for Ferrovial in Australia.
• Maintain, monitor compliance and seek improvement of the Project Management System and systems for data, document and record management
• Assist the Project Leaders and Quality team with ongoing contribution to the Project Management Plan and assist in development of other project management plans
• Monitor Nonconformance reporting process for trends and be involved in investigation of significant NCR
• Identify, assess and control risks to project quality of product
• Active management and compliance with Project HSE and Q requirements.
• Ensure appropriate Quality requirements are included in project delivery documentation including subcontractor and supplier packages
• Ensure project programming is undertaken with disciplined governance and cadence. • Supervise and develop engineering teams and design support assistants as required.
• Potential to work closely with project engineers and design teams across FCAU depending on demand.
2. Qualifications / Experience
• Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, construction management or a related field.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a project engineering role in the construction or major infrastructure industries, with particular focus on mechanical/traditional tunnelling methods.
Relevant software experience such as AUTOCAD.
• Previous experience in working within a project-oriented team on a major civil construction/infrastructure project.
• Preparedness to coordinate project and site meetings with tender teams, subcontractors and suppliers. undefined. Relevant Skills and Competencies The following training and skills will ensure that the incumbent is able to succeed and thrive in this role:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong client-focus and ability to work proactively with all types of stakeholders
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and numeracy skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to deal confidently and manage conflict and disputes with key internal and external stakeholders in a constructive manner
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated and professional attitude
• Ability to deal with effectively and calmly with people and situations
3. A) General Responsibilities
• Continually maintain knowledge of, and comply with, all relevant Ferrovial Construction Australia (FCAU) policies and procedures
• Understand, uphold and comply at all times with the Ferrovial Group Code of Ethics
• Always represent FCAU professionally, positively and respectfully
• Seek out opportunities to demonstrate safety leadership to fellow employees, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and others
• Actively participate in continual improvement of FCAU’s systems, policies and processes
• Notify manager without delay of any injury or incident (safety, environmental, complaint) or hazardous event, situation or environment (whether involving/impacting self or others)
• Participate proactively and positively in safety activities including forums, drills, trials and inspections
• Take appropriate care of FCAU property including documents and data and ensure that confidentiality and security requirements are maintained at all times
• Ensure own fitness for work at all times in accordance with FCAU’s policy and support colleagues, in particular direct reports, in ensuring they are always fit to work safely
3. B) Position-Specific Responsibilities
• Proactively maintain an understanding of project management plans and associated variations to the scope of works.
• Plan, coordinate and support works, equipment and personnel as required.
• Support project management and engineering teams with relevant aspects of the project delivery phases.
• Set up and monitor estimation procedures and provide training as required for the Coffs Harbour project and others
• Assisting the project team in organising relevant approvals and permits as required