• Work as a key technical expert, providing guidance and project deliverables to the estimation and pre-contracts and delivery teams, ranging from technical design support, planning input and delivery planning and compliance.
• Maintain, monitor compliance and seek improvement of the proposed Project Management System and systems for data, document and record management
• Assist the Pre-Contracts and Tenders teams with estimation, Costs schedules, Project Management Plan development and assist in development of other project management plans/client deliverables criteria.
• Monitor previous Nonconformance reporting processes for trends and proactively identify in the tender phase for new projects.
• Identify, assess and control risks to project quality of product.
• Active management and compliance with Project HSE and Q requirements.
• Assist with the development and preparation of works packages and scopes of works. • Supervise and develop engineering and design support assistants as required.
• Potential to work closely with all project engineers and design teams across FCAU depending on demand.
Qualifications / Experience
• Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, construction management or a related field.
• At least 5 years’ experience in an estimation role in the construction or major infrastructure industries.
• Relevant software experience such as AUTOCAD.
• Previous experience in working within a project-oriented team.
• Preparedness to coordinate and lead meetings with tender teams, subcontractors and suppliers.
Relevant Skills and Competencies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong client-focus and ability to work proactively with all types of stakeholders.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical and numeracy skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to deal confidently and manage conflict and disputes with key internal and external stakeholders in a constructive manner.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated and professional attitude.
• Ability to deal with effectively and calmly with people and situations.
• Continually maintain knowledge of, and comply with, all relevant Ferrovial Construction Australia (FCAU) policies and procedures
• Understand, uphold and comply at all times with the Ferrovial Group Code of Ethics
• Always represent FCAU professionally, positively and respectfully
• Seek out opportunities to demonstrate safety leadership to fellow employees, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and others
• Actively participate in continual improvement of FCAU’s systems, policies and processes
• Notify manager without delay of any injury or incident (safety, environmental, complaint) or hazardous event, situation or environment (whether involving/impacting self or others)
• Participate proactively and positively in safety activities including forums, drills, trials and inspections
• Take appropriate care of FCAU property including documents and data and ensure that confidentiality and security requirements are maintained at all times
• Ensure own fitness for work at all times in accordance with FCAU’s policy and support colleagues, in particular direct reports, in ensuring they are always fit to work safely
• Proactively maintain an understanding of project management plans and associated variations to the scope of works and liaise with joint venture partners and stakeholders determining feasibility and accuracy.
• Plan, coordinate and support works, equipment and personnel budgets as required and provide estimations accordingly.
• Support senior project engineers and teams with relevant aspects of the project delivery phases.
• Set up and monitor estimation procedures and provide training as required for live projects and others.
• Assisting the project tender and estimation teams in organising relevant approvals and permits as required