As the largest infrastructure project in Europe, HS2 offers an opportunity like no other. It is the high-speed rail network that will provide the spine of our 21st century transport system and a spark for economic growth. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for you to help shape the future of the country’s infrastructure, leaving a legacy of economic and commercial prosperity.
About the role:
- Manage a portfolio of corporate contracts.
- Manage the progress of change requests through the company’s governance structure, systems, processes and in association with other HS2 functions.
- Proactively monitor and mitigates risks associated with their contract portfolio
- Liaise with stakeholders with respect to the progress, spend and performance reporting of contracts, imposing and monitoring performance plans and Early Warnings where applicable
- Managing formal disputes
- Undertake compliance checks against contracts
- Work to achieve value for money at each stage of the contract
- Influence contract development and structure during pre-contract phases
- Produce and work against contract management plans for each contract
- Manage contract mobilisation, transition and exit
- Monitor contract performance and administer service credits and warranty payments where applicable
- Review financial standing of suppliers on an ongoing basis and manage any resulting actions.
- Additional accountabilities may include Analysis on a range of commercial and technical information
- Setting up and facilitating meetings and information sharing with other functional areas
- Development of reports and presentations to update key stakeholder groups
- Ad hoc support to high-profile projects.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI
- Experience of contract management and administration over the contract lifecycle
- Demonstration of analytical and/or commercial and/or negotiating skills
- Ability to manage contract change/variations
- Ability to manage contract risk and understanding of different forms of contract and risk allocation